Friday, June 4, 2010

Who is your favorite artist?


The "Question of the Day" at The Latte Lounge today was, "Who is your favorite artist? my answer,

"I've always love impressionism. It's so traditional and not me, I don't really know why I love it so much. I'm awestruck by Claude Monet. It's a little text book, but I can't help myself. His lily pads with every possible time and angle of the day studied, fascinates me. I believe it took it 20 years to accomplish this? I'll have to look that up. Would you believe that he is the father of impressionism because of failing eyesight? ya, I don't believe it either! Whatever the reason, he's my artistic hero. This is my best pastel painting I've done. It took me 6 weeks last summer. I'm determined to do another. I think that will be my goal this summer. A pastel painting.
-I just looked at my photo of the painting and it's not the finished product. It's during one of the phases. It's in a frame now and in my house. It's only about 2/3 of the way done here. I'll try to get a finished photo of it soon"

I just loved answering this question and talking about art. I almost couldn't stop.
I have to give credit to Susie Morgan (my art instructor) for her guidance in this painting. It was my first pastel and there's no way I could have done it with out her. Thank you, Susie!

2 comments:

  1. I've alway loved Monet. He's one of my favorite artists also. Your painting is great. I would love to be able to do that. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so pretty Tracey! I wish I was talented enough to be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete